Dear TMD Hoteliers,
First and foremost, I hope you, your loved ones, friends and family, and colleagues are keeping healthy and coping with the current situation wherever you are. I know this is a difficult time for everyone and a particularly challenging time for our hospitality community.
Since the Los Angeles County Public Health Order (Safer at Home) went into effect in March, your TMD Board of Directors have been meeting every two weeks with the executive team at Los Angeles Tourism to discuss marketing and sales strategies to prepare for recovery when the time is appropriate. I want to thank my fellow Board members listed below for their time, active engagement and commitment. Should you have any questions during this time, please feel free to reach out to me, or Patti MacJennett with the Los Angeles Tourism team.
We will be scheduling our TMD Regional Meetings virtually within the next month to update you on recovery plans and have the opportunity to hear directly from our hotels in each region: Valley, Hollywood, Westside, Downtown and LAX/Coastal. We will advise dates shortly.
TMD Board of Directors:
- Javier Cano, The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles & JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE
- Grant Coonley, Hilton LA Airport
- Maria Evans, DoubleTree by Hilton San Pedro
- Jeff Hart, Los Angeles Airport Marriott
- Peter Kwong, Best Western Plus Dragon Gate Inn
- Scott Mills, The Garland Hotel
- Michael Newcombe, Four Seasons Hotel
- Ken Pilgrim, Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- Jeff Rudolph, California Science Center
- Alan Rothenberg, Esq - 1st Century Bank
- Carl Schuster, Wolfgang Puck Catering